Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities And Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 423. Rules Governing the Discontinuance of Local Exchange Telecommunications Services Provided by Competitive Local Exchange Carriers

20VAC5-423-70. Bankruptcy requirements.

A CLEC that is the subject of a bankruptcy petition shall provide to the commission a complete copy of the bankruptcy petition and any reorganization plan filed under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. Within seven days of a bankruptcy petition being filed by or against a CLEC or its corporate parent, the CLEC shall provide written notice of such bankruptcy petition to the commission. The written notice shall include the following information and be updated as necessary:

1. Whether the CLEC currently provides service offerings to customers in Virginia and the number of its customers and types of services provided; and

2. The name, address, and telephone number of any trustee in bankruptcy.

Statutory Authority

§ 12.1-13 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 18, Issue 14, eff. March 6, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.