Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 151. Standards for Licensed Children's Residential Facilities

22VAC40-151-170. Relationship to regulatory authority.

A. The governing body or its official representative shall notify the department within five working days of any change in administrative structure or newly hired chief administrative officer or program director.

B. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commissioner shall have the authority to place, remove, or direct the placement or removal of any child who is under the supervision and control of a local board or licensed child-placing agency.

C. Pursuant to such authority, the commissioner shall remove or direct the removal of any child placed by a local board or licensed child-placing agency in a children's residential facility that fails to comply with any state or federal requirements intended to protect the child's health, safety, or well-being.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1737 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2009; amended, Virginia Register Volume 36, Issue 2, eff. October 17, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.