Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 151. Standards for Licensed Children's Residential Facilities

22VAC40-151-610. Emergency and self-admissions.

Providers accepting emergency or self-admissions shall:

1. Develop and implement written policies and procedures governing such admissions that shall include procedures to make and document prompt efforts to obtain (i) a written placement agreement signed by the legal guardian or (ii) the order of a court of competent jurisdiction;

2. Place in each resident's record the order of a court of competent jurisdiction, a written request for care, or documentation of an oral request for care; and justification of why the resident is to be admitted on an emergency basis; and

3. Clearly document in written assessment information gathered for the emergency admission that the individual meets the facility's criteria for admission.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1737 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.