Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 151. Standards for Licensed Children's Residential Facilities

22VAC40-151-670. Resident transfer between residential facilities located in Virginia and operated by the same sponsor.

A. Except when transfer is ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction, the receiving provider shall document at the time of transfer:

1. Preparation through sharing information with the resident, the family and the placing agency about the facility, the staff, the population served, activities and criteria for admission;

2. Notification to the family, if appropriate; the resident, the placement agency and the legal guardian;

3. Receipt from the sending facility of a written summary of the resident's progress while at the facility, justification for the transfer, and the resident's current strengths and needs; and

4. Receipt of the resident's record.

B. The sending facility shall retain a copy of the face sheet and a written summary of the child's progress while at the facility and shall document the date of transfer and the name of the facility to which the resident has been transferred.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1737 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.