Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 151. Standards for Licensed Children's Residential Facilities

22VAC40-151-800. Behavior support.

A. Within 30 days of admission, the provider shall develop and implement a written behavior support plan that allows the resident to self-manage his own behaviors. Each individualized plan shall include:

1. Identification of positive and problem behavior;

2. Identification of triggers for behaviors;

3. Identification of successful intervention strategies for problem behavior;

4. Techniques for managing anger and anxiety; and

5. Identification of interventions that may escalate inappropriate behaviors.

B. Individualized behavior support plans shall be developed in consultation with the:

1. Resident;

2. Legal guardian;

3. Resident's parents, if applicable;

4. Program director;

5. Placing agency staff; and

6. Other applicable individuals.

C. Prior to working alone with an assigned resident each staff member shall demonstrate knowledge and understanding of that resident's behavior support plan.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1737 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.