Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department Of Social Services
Chapter 61. Standards and Regulations for Licensed Adult Day Care Centers

22VAC40-61-480. Rest area.

A. A separate room or area shall be available for participants who become ill, need to rest, or need to have privacy. The separate room or area shall be equipped with one bed, comfortable cot, or recliner for every 12 participants.

B. Additional beds, comfortable cots, or recliners shall be available based on participant needs to accommodate rest periods. In centers that are open for evening or night care, beds shall be available for participants who need them.

C. A minimum of (i) one pillow covered with a pillow case, (ii) two sheets, and (iii) one blanket, spread, or covering per bed or cot shall be provided.

D. All sheets and pillow cases shall be laundered after each use.

E. Additional covering or blankets and pillows shall be available as necessary for recliners.

Statutory Authority

§ 63.2-1733 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 36, Issue 3, eff. December 29, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.