Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 665. Child Care Program

22VAC40-665-760. First Aid and Emergency Supplies.

A. The following emergency supplies shall be on each floor of each building used by children, accessible to outdoor play areas, on field trips, in vehicles used for transportation, and wherever children are in care:

1. A first aid kit that contains at a minimum:

a. Scissors;

b. Tweezers;

c. Gauze pads;

d. Adhesive tape;

e. Bandages, assorted types and sizes;

f. An antiseptic cleansing solution and pads;

g. Digital thermometer; and

h. Single-use gloves such as surgical or examination gloves.

2. An ice pack or cooling agent.

B. Each first aid kit shall be easily accessible to staff but not to children.

C. The following nonmedical emergency supplies shall be required:

1. One working, battery-operated flashlight; and

2. One working, battery-operated radio.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-611 of the Code of Virginia; 45 CFR 98.11.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. October 17, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.