Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 73. Standards for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities

22VAC40-73-410. Orientation and related information for residents.

A. Upon admission, the assisted living facility shall provide an orientation for new residents and their legal representatives, including emergency response procedures, mealtimes, and use of the call system. If needed, the orientation shall be modified as appropriate for residents with cognitive impairments. Acknowledgment of having received the orientation shall be signed and dated by the resident and, as appropriate, his legal representative, and such documentation shall be kept in the resident's record.

B. Upon admission and upon request, the assisted living facility shall provide to the resident and, if appropriate, his legal representative, a written description of the types of staff persons working in the facility and the services provided, including the hours such services are available.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1732, 63.2-1802, 63.2-1805, and 63.2-1808 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 6, eff. February 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.