Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 73. Standards for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities

22VAC40-73-500. Access by community services boards, certain local government departments, and behavioral health authorities.

All assisted living facilities shall provide reasonable access to staff or contractual agents of community services boards, local government departments with policy-advisory community services boards, or behavioral health authorities as defined in § 37.2-100 of the Code of Virginia for the purposes of:

1. Assessing or evaluating clients residing in the facility;

2. Providing case management or other services or assistance to clients residing in the facility; or

3. Monitoring the care of clients residing in the facility.

Such staff or contractual agents also shall be given reasonable access to other facility residents who have previously requested their services.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1732, 63.2-1802, 63.2-1805, and 63.2-1808 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 6, eff. February 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.