Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 80. General Procedures and Information for Licensure

22VAC40-80-500. the Record at Hearing.

All testimony in the administrative hearing must be recorded either stenographically or by mechanical means. All documents or other evidence received are also part of the record and must be maintained. In addition, a record must be maintained of all evidence offered but excluded. See Rule 2A: 3 (c) of the Rules of the Supreme Court of Virginia. As a matter of practice, it would be appropriate for the hearing officer to conditionally receive evidence and thereafter, if it is excludable, to avoid considering it in making the decision. In this way, if it is determined on judicial review that the hearing officer erroneously decided that the evidence was excludable, the case can be remanded for reconsideration of the evidence submitted but rejected as exhibits.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1732, 63.2-1733 and 63.2-1734 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 20, Issue 24, eff. November 1, 2004.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.