Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 45. Department For The Blind And Vision Impaired
Chapter 110. Regulations Governing Low Vision

22VAC45-110-50. Financial participation in cost of services.

A. Low vision examination. An authorization form may be issued by a DBVI case manager to pay for the examination through an appropriate payment source in the department if funds are available. There shall be no cost to the individual seeking low vision services for a low vision examination as long as funds are available as determined by the department.

B. Low vision aids. An individual's financial participation in the cost of low vision aids shall be determined in accordance with the applicable DBVI policies.

C. Individuals who are not receiving services through other DBVI programs shall be responsible for the full cost of low vision services.

Statutory Authority

§ 51.5-60 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR670-03-7 § 5, eff. August 3, 1988; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 11, eff. March 13, 2002; Volume 37, Issue 13, eff. April 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.