Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 20. Department Of Motor Vehicles
Chapter 100. Virginia Motor Vehicle Rental Taxes and Fees Rules and Regulations

24VAC20-100-100. Change in business structure treated as change in ownership.

The following changes in the structure of the entity operating a rental business are considered changes in ownership, so that the new operating entity, as a new owner, must apply for a new certificate of registration while the old entity must surrender its old certificate to the department. The changes are:

1. Change of a partnership or sole proprietorship into a corporation;

2. Change of a corporation into a partnership or sole proprietorship;

3. Change of a partnership into a sole proprietorship;

4. Change of a sole proprietorship into a partnership; and

5. Change from one partnership to another partnership where none of the partners remain the same.

Statutory Authority

§ 58.1-2421 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR485-60-8701 § 2.8, eff. January 1, 1987; amended, Volume 13, Issue 22, eff. July 1, 1997.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.