Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 20. Department Of Motor Vehicles
Chapter 100. Virginia Motor Vehicle Rental Taxes and Fees Rules and Regulations

24VAC20-100-410. Extension of time for filing return and paying rental taxes and fees.

A rentor may apply in writing to the commissioner for additional time to file a return and pay the rental taxes and fees. Application for an extension of time must be made before the return becomes delinquent and must state all facts that made additional time necessary. If the commissioner determines that the facts justify an extension of time for good cause shown, he may grant an extension without interest. Failure to file a return and pay the rental taxes and fees within the extended time will result in the application of penalties and interest against the rentor in the same manner as though no extension had been granted.

Statutory Authority

§ 58.1-2421 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR485-60-8701 § 6.12, eff. January 1, 1987; amended, Volume 20, Issue 21, eff. July 1, 2004.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.