Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 35. Commission On The Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program
Chapter 30. Vasap Case Management Policy and Procedure Manual

24VAC35-30-60. Enrollment.

Persons referred to the VASAP system must enroll with a local ASAP before they can obtain a restricted driver's license. Enrollment as defined includes but is not limited to the following:

1. The offender must report to an ASAP representative. (This contact can be in court or at the place designated by the ASAP director.)

2. The offender must sign the enrollment agreement.

3. The offender must pay the ASAP participation fee or make satisfactory arrangements for payment with the ASAP.

4. The offender must obtain an appointment specifying when intake will be held.

5. The offender must return to the clerk of court with a release from the ASAP which will allow the court to issue a restricted license.

Statutory Authority

§§ 18.2-271.1 and 18.2-271.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR647-01-03 § 2.4, eff. September 13, 1989; amended, Volume 07, Issue 09, eff. February 28, 1991.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.