Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles

24VAC35. Commission On The Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program




The Commission on the Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP) is established in the legislative branch of state government by §18.2-271.2 of the Code of Virginia to administer and supervise the state VASAP system consisting of the state office and 24 local alcohol safety action programs. Through regular oversight, and a formal certification process, the commission is empowered to establish and ensure the maintenance of minimum standards and criteria for program operations and performance, accounting, auditing, public information, and administrative procedures for the various local alcohol safety action programs. The commission is also authorized by §18.2-270.2 of the Code of Virginia to adopt regulations and forms for the installation, maintenance, and certification of ignition interlock systems.

Regulations and forms are available from the commission office located at 701 East Franklin Street, Suite 1110, Richmond, VA 23219. Internet address:

Rev. 9/2014


Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.