Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 15. Department of Wildlife Resources
Chapter 200. Game: Rabbit and Hares

4VAC15-200-15. Definitions.

The following words or terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Import" means to transport a carcass or carcass parts, other than those outlined in 4VAC15-200-60, into the Commonwealth in such a manner that the carcass or carcass parts are removed from their place of storage within a vehicle or other conveyance and placed or deposited within the Commonwealth. Rabbits harvested on properties that span the Commonwealth's boundary with an adjoining state shall not be considered imported.

"Wild rabbit" means any member of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, including rabbits, hares, and pika regulated by the Department of Wildlife Resources and not defined as domestic breeds by the American Rabbit Breeders Association.

Statutory Authority

§§ 29.1-103, 29.1-501, and 29.1-502 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 22, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.