Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 15. Department of Wildlife Resources
Chapter 275. Game: Hunter Education

4VAC15-275-90. Virginia Hunter Education Card.

A. The department may issue an optional long-lasting and durable Virginia Hunter Education Card to persons who can show that they have met the minimum standard of hunter education course competency pursuant to § 29.1-300.2 of the Code of Virginia.

B. Upon receipt by the applicant, the optional Virginia Hunter Education Card will serve in lieu of any other certificates or cards that have been issued to the bearer as a result of meeting the minimum standards for hunter education course competency. As such, the Virginia Hunter Education Card will not be transferable or revocable and will have no expiration date.

C. A person may apply for a replacement Virginia Hunter Education Card. A replacement card may be issued if (i) the original card is lost, stolen, or destroyed; (ii) misinformation is printed on the card; or (iii) if the bearer has legally changed his name. Supporting documentation may be required.

Statutory Authority

§§ 29.1-300.2 and 29.1-501 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 25, eff. August 1, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.