Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 15. Department of Wildlife Resources
Chapter 410. Watercraft: Boating Safety Education

4VAC15-410-130. Temporary operator's certificate.

A. The registered owner(s) of a motorboat or personal watercraft, if the boat is new or was sold with a transfer of ownership, shall be issued with the certificate of number for the motorboat or personal watercraft a temporary operator's certificate that shall allow the owner(s) to operate such boat in Virginia for 90 days.

B. A temporary operator's certificate shall be issued by the department, by any person authorized by the director to act as an agent to issue a certificate of number pursuant to § 29.1-706 of the Code of Virginia, or by a license agent of the department authorized to issue a temporary registration certificate for a motorboat. A temporary operator's certificate shall not be renewable.

Statutory Authority

§§ 29.1-701, 29.1-735, and 29.1-735.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 23, eff. July 1, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.