Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 190. Pertaining to Measuring Mesh Size of Menhaden Nets

4VAC20-190-20. Definitions.

The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Bunt" means the section of the net where the fish are concentrated during pumping operations.

"Cork line" means the line containing floats or corks attached to the top of the net as it hangs in the water.

"Ring line" means the line passed through the rings attached to the bottom of the net as it hangs in the water.

"Selvedge" means the reinforced edge of the net required for mounting of the net on the ring line and cork line.

"Stretched mesh" or "mesh size" means the inside distance between two knots or joints on opposite sides of the mesh.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0025; § 2, eff. February 2, 1981; amended, Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 25, eff. August 3, 1995.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.