Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 280. Pertaining to Speckled Trout

4VAC20-280-50. Directed commercial landings quota and daily incidental catch limit.

A. For each fishing year the directed commercial landings quota of speckled trout shall be limited to 51,104 pounds.

B. When the commission announces that the directed commercial landings quota has been reached, it shall be unlawful for any commercial fisherman registration licensee to take, harvest, land, or possess more than the daily incidental catch limit for the remainder of the fishing year. The daily incidental catch limit shall be 50 pounds of speckled trout per licensee aboard the vessel, not to exceed 100 pounds per vessel.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0037 § 5, eff. August 3, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 17, eff. April 1, 2014; Volume 31, Issue 10, eff. January 1, 2015; Volume 36, Issue 26, eff. August 1, 2020; Volume 38, Issue 1, eff. September 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.