Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 290. Marking of Leased Oyster Planting Ground

4VAC20-290-20. General.

Leased oyster planting ground can be marked at any time and shall be marked if the oyster planting ground is being actively planted or harvested or when aquaculture structures are present on the lease. No active planting upon or harvesting from the lease shall be authorized unless the lease has first been properly marked and the lease corners identified in accordance with the marking provisions of this chapter. If aquaculture structures are deployed on leased oyster planting ground, the lessee must properly mark and identify the lease boundary or the active work areas where aquaculture structures are placed in accordance with the marking provisions of this chapter.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0038 § 2, eff. July 1, 1986; amended, Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 25, eff. August 3, 1995; Volume 32, Issue 7, eff. January 1, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.