Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 5. Department of Conservation And Recreation
Chapter 30. Virginia State Parks Regulations

4VAC5-30-50. Flowers, plants, minerals, etc.

No person shall remove, destroy, cut down, scar, mutilate, injure, deface, take, or gather in any manner any tree, flower, fern, shrub, rock or plant, historical artifact, or mineral in any park unless a special permit has been obtained for scientific collecting. Edible fruits, berries, fungi, or nuts may be collected for personal or individual use only. To obtain a special permit for scientific collecting in a state park, a natural area, or a natural area preserve, a Research and Collecting Permit Application must be completed and provided to the department in a manner specified by the department.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-104 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR215-01-02 § 5, eff. May 4, 1983; amended, Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 11, eff. March 18, 2010; Volume 36, Issue 1, eff. October 17, 2019; Volume 38, Issue 12, eff. March 2, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.