Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice and Corrections
Agency 15. Department of Corrections
Chapter 28. Regulations for Public/Private Joint Venture Work Programs Operated in a State Correctional Facility

6VAC15-28-10. Definitions.

Part I
General Provisions

The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Agreement" means a legal arrangement between the Director of the Department of Corrections and a public or private entity to operate a work program in a state correctional facility for prisoners confined in it.

"Board" means the Board of Corrections.

"Department" means the Department of Corrections.

"Director" means the Director of the Department of Corrections.

"Prevailing wage" means a rate which is not less than that paid for work of a similar nature in the locality in which the work is to be performed.

Statutory Authority

§§ 53.1-5 and 53.1-45.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR230-01-005 § 1.1, eff. January 26, 1995; amended, Volume 27, Issue 12, eff. March 16, 2011.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.