Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 15. State Board of Local and Regional Jails
Chapter 40. Minimum Standards for Jails and Lockups

6VAC15-40-170. Written procedures for accountability of inmate participants.

Written procedures shall ensure the accountability of inmate participants and provide for supervision in the community. Such procedures shall include, at a minimum:

1. Provisions for a daily inmate count;

2. Methods for determining and identifying inmates who are authorized to leave the facility;

3. Provisions for a controlled sign-out and sign-in process; and

4. Provisions that require that a minimum of one staff-initiated telephone contact per calendar week and a minimum of one random field visit per month or GPS monitoring shall be used to verify the inmate's location within the community.

Statutory Authority

§§ 53.1-5, 53.1-68, and 53.1-131 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR230-30-001 § 4.4; Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 21, eff. August 10, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 4, eff. November 22, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.