Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice and Corrections
Agency 20. Department of Criminal Justice Services
Chapter 240. Regulations Relating to School Security Officers

6VAC20-240-40. School Security Officer Standards of Conduct.

A school security officer shall:

1. Conform to all requirements pursuant to the Code of Virginia and this chapter;

2. Maintain at all times with the employing school division a valid mailing address. Written notification of any address change shall be submitted to the division no later than 10 days after the effective date of the change;

3. Inform the employing school division in writing within 72 hours or the beginning of the next work day, whichever comes first, after an arrest for any felony or misdemeanor;

4. Inform the employing school division in writing within 10 days after having been found guilty by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to have violated the school security officer statutes or regulations of that jurisdiction.

Statutory Authority

§ 9.1-102 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 22, Issue 11, eff. March 8, 2006.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.