Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 180. Regulations Governing Mental Health Services Transition Plans for Incarcerated Juveniles

6VAC35-180-30. Criteria for mental health services transition planning.

A resident will be identified as having a recognized mental health, substance abuse, or other therapeutic need and will qualify for mental health services transition planning when one of the following criteria is met:

1. A qualified mental health professional determines that the resident has a current diagnosis for a mental illness that is likely to result in significant impairment in the resident's functioning in the community, including, but not limited to, the following: psychotic disorders, major affective disorders, substance use disorders, and posttraumatic stress disorder.

2. The resident is currently receiving medication treatment for a mental illness as described in subdivision 1 of this section and the provider has indicated a treatment necessity is to continue such medication upon release from the facility.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-293.1 and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 5, eff. January 1, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.