Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 190. Regulations Governing Juvenile Work and Educational Release Programs

6VAC35-190-30. Assessing a resident’s suitability for program participation.

A. Department case management procedures shall provide a process for assessing the suitability of individual residents for programs authorized by §§ 66-25.1:2 and 66-25.1:3 of the Code of Virginia, subject to eligibility criteria established by 6VAC35-190-40.

B. The assessment shall include:

1. A review of the resident's offense history and behavior during commitment;

2. The completion of an objective risk assessment of the resident's likelihood to reoffend; and

3. An assessment of the resident's suitability for the particular authorized program in the community, including, if applicable, the resident's proficiency in a trade or occupation related to a work or educational release program.

Statutory Authority

§§ 66-10 and 66-25.1:3 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 2, eff. October 31, 2007.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.