Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 20. Regulation Governing the Monitoring, Approval, and Certification of Juvenile Justice Programs and Facilities

6VAC35-20-30. Purpose.

This regulation prescribes how, in accordance with §§ 16.1-234, 16.1-249, 16.1-309.9, 16.1-309.10, 16.1-349, 66-10, 66-24, and 66-25.1:3 of the Code of Virginia, (i) the department will monitor and audit juvenile residential facilities, programs, VJCCCA programs, and offices on youth; (ii) the department will certify residential facilities and state-operated and local court service units that are part of the Commonwealth's juvenile justice system; and (iii) the board will review certification audit reports of programs and facilities found in noncompliance with applicable regulatory requirements.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-233 and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR690-10-001 § 2.1, eff. September 9, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 23, eff. September 1, 2003; Volume 29, Issue 26, eff. September 25, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.