Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 340. Regulations Governing Driver Education


Curriculum and Administrative Guide for Driver Education in Virginia, 2010 Edition (includes Driver Education Standards of Learning, revised January 2008), Virginia Department of Education

Program Administration

Module One – Virginia Driver Responsibilities: Licensing Responsibilities

Module Two – Virginia Driver Responsibilities: Preparing to Operate a Vehicle

Module Three – Basic Maneuvering Tasks: Low Risk Environment

Module Four – Basic Maneuvering Tasks: Moderate Risk Driving Environment

Module Five – Information Processing: Moderate Risk Driving Environment

Module Six – Information Processing: Complex Risk Environments

Module Seven – Driver Performance: Personal Factors

Module Eight – Driver Responsibilities: Adverse Conditions

Module Nine – Driver Responsibilities: Vehicle Functions

Module Ten – Driver Responsibilities: Making Informed Choices

Module Eleven – Laboratory Instruction – Behind-the-Wheel and In-Car Observation

Resource List

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.