Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 800. Standards for Licensed Family Day Homes

8VAC20-800-210. Annual training.

A. In addition to satisfactory completion of first aid training and CPR training, caregivers shall obtain a minimum of sixteen clock hours of training annually in areas relevant to their job responsibilities.

B. The annual training shall cover areas such as, but not limited to:

1. Physical, intellectual, social, and emotional child development;

2. Behavior management and discipline techniques;

3. Health and safety in the family day home environment;

4. Art and music activities for children;

5. Child nutrition;

6. Recognition and prevention of child abuse and neglect;

7. Emergency preparedness as required by 8VAC20-800-800 C; or

8. Recognition and prevention of the spread of communicable diseases.

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 22VAC40-111-210 derived from Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 7, eff. July 1, 2010; amended and renumbered, Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.