Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 800. Standards for Licensed Family Day Homes

8VAC20-800-570. Determining need for additional caregiver.

A. The provider shall ensure that a caregiver does not exceed 16 points by using the following point system to determine if an additional caregiver is needed:

1. Children from birth through 15 months of age count as four points each;

2. Children from 16 months through 23 months of age count as three points each;

3. Children from two through four years of age count as two points each;

4. Children from five years through nine years of age count as one point each; and

5. Children who are 10 years of age and older count as zero points.

B. A caregiver's own children and resident children under eight years of age count in point maximums.

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 22VAC40-111-570 derived from Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 7, eff. July 1, 2010; renumbered, Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.