Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 800. Standards for Licensed Family Day Homes

8VAC20-800-680. Hand washing.

A. Caregivers shall wash their hands with liquid soap and warm running water:

1. When their hands are dirty;

2. After toileting;

3. Before preparing and serving food;

4. Before feeding or helping children with feeding;

5. After contact with any body fluids;

6. After handling or caring for animals;

7. After handling raw eggs or meat; and

8. After diapering a child or assisting a child with toileting.

B. Caregivers shall ensure that children's hands are washed with liquid soap and warm running water:

1. When their hands are dirty;

2. Before eating;

3. After toileting or diapering;

4. After handling or caring for animals; and

5. After contact with any body fluids.

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 22VAC40-111-680 derived from Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 7, eff. July 1, 2010; renumbered, Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.