Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 120. Regulated Medical Waste Management Regulations

9VAC20-120-120. Exemptions to the Regulations.

Article 2
Exemptions and Exclusions

Exemptions to this chapter include:

1. Composting of sewage sludge at the sewage treatment plant of generation and not involving other solid wastes.

2. Land application of wastes regulated by the State Board of Health, the State Water Control Board, the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, or any other state agency with such authority.

3. Wastewater treatment or pretreatment facilities permitted by the State Water Control Board by a NPDES permit.

4. Management of hazardous waste as defined and controlled by the Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations to the extent that any requirement of those regulations is in conflict with regulations here.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1402 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR672-40-01:1 § 3.5, eff. June 29, 1994; amended, Volume 18, Issue 18, eff. June 19, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.