Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 120. Regulated Medical Waste Management Regulations

9VAC20-120-260. Special requirements for reusable containers.

Regulated medical waste may be conveyed in reusable carts or containers under the following conditions:

1. The waste in the cart or container is packaged and labeled fully in accordance with 9VAC20-120-210 through 9VAC20-120-240.

2. Immediately following each time a reusable cart or container is emptied and prior to being reused it is thoroughly cleaned with detergent or general purpose disinfectant.

3. When reusable carts or containers containing regulated medical waste are used for off-site transport, all aspects of the cart or container management shall comply with federal Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations 49 CFR Parts 171 to 178, as applicable.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1402 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR672-40-01:1 § 4.11, eff. June 29, 1994; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 18, eff. June 19, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.