Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 130. Solid Waste Planning and Recycling Regulations

9VAC20-130-98. Development of designated solid waste planning units.

A. At least 14 days prior to designating a regional boundary for solid waste management planning, the department shall place a notice of the proposed regional boundary and an opportunity to comment in the Virginia Register of Regulations and in a newspaper of general circulation within the proposed solid waste planning unit.

B. If as a result of the notices required by subsection A of this section, the director finds a need exists to hold a public hearing on the issues, a public hearing shall be held in the proposed region prior to the designation. At least 14 days prior to the public hearing, a notice of the public hearing shall appear in the same publications as the notice under subsection A of this section.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1411 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 6942(b), 40 CFR Parts 255 and 256.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 9, eff. February 7, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.