Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 20. Fees for Permits and Certificates

9VAC25-20-80. Incomplete payments and late payments.

All incomplete payments will be deemed as nonpayments.

Interest may be charged for late payments at the underpayment rate set out by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service established pursuant to § 6621(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code. This rate is prescribed in § 58.1-15 of the Code of Virginia and is calculated on a monthly basis at the applicable periodic rate.

A 10% late payment fee may be charged to any delinquent (over 90 days past due) account.

The Department of Environmental Quality is entitled to all remedies available under the Code of Virginia in collecting any past due amount and may recover any attorney's fees and other administrative costs incurred in pursuing and collecting any past due amount.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-01-01 § 2.3, eff. July 1, 1993; amended, Virginia Register Volume 20, Issue 23, eff. July 1, 2004.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.