Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 230. Procedural Rule No. 1 - Public and Formal Hearing Procedures

9VAC25-230-70. When public hearings may be dispensed with; continuances.

A. Where no person other than the applicant or permittee has submitted a request that makes the showing required by 9VAC25-230-50 A, and where no hearing is required by statute, the executive secretary, on his own motion or on the motion of the applicant or permittee, may dispense with the public hearing.

B. The executive secretary, may, on his own motion or at the request of a party, for good cause shown, reschedule the date of the public hearing. In the event the executive secretary reschedules the date for the public hearing after notice has been published, he shall cause the public notice to be republished to reflect the new date of the public hearing.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15(5) and (7), 62.1-44.16, 62.1-44.17, 62.1-44.18:2 and 62.1-44.19 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-31-01 § 1.14, eff. June 10, 1980.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.