Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 610. Groundwater Withdrawal Regulations

9VAC25-610-120. Public water supplies.

The department shall evaluate all applications for groundwater withdrawals for public water supplies as described in 9VAC25-610-110. The department shall make a preliminary decision on the application and prepare a draft groundwater withdrawal permit and forward the draft permit to the Virginia Department of Health. The department shall not issue a final groundwater withdrawal permit until such time as the Virginia Department of Health issues a waterworks operation permit, or equivalent. The department shall establish withdrawal limits for such permits as described in 9VAC25-610-140 A 4 and 5. Under the Virginia Department of Health's Waterworks Regulation any proposed use of reclaimed, reused, or recycled water contained in a groundwater withdrawal application to support a public water supply is required to be approved by the Virginia Department of Health.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-256 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-13-07 § 3.4, eff. September 22, 1993; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 5, eff. January 1, 2014; Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.