Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 870. Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) Regulation

9VAC25-870-480. Duration of state permits.

A. State permits shall be effective for a fixed term not to exceed five years.

B. Except as provided in 9VAC25-870-330, the term of a state permit shall not be extended by modification beyond the maximum duration specified in this section.

C. The department may issue any state permit for a duration that is less than the full allowable term under this section.

D. A state permit may be issued to expire on or after the statutory deadline set forth in §§ 301(b)(2) (A), (C), and (E) of the CWA, if the state permit includes effluent limitations to meet the requirements of §§ 301(b)(2) (A), (C), (D), (E) and (F) of the CWA, whether or not applicable effluent limitations guidelines have been promulgated or approved.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15:25 and 62.1-44.15:28 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 4VAC50-60-480 derived from Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 3, eff. January 29, 2005; amended, Volume 29, Issue 4, eff. November 21, 2012; amended and renumbered, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 2, eff. October 23, 2013; Volume 38, Issue 25, eff. August 31, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.