Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 870. Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) Regulation

9VAC25-870-600. Computation of time.

A. Any time period scheduled to begin on the occurrence of an act or event shall begin on the day after the act or event.

B. Any time period scheduled to begin before the occurrence of an act or event shall be computed so that the period ends on the day before the act or event.

C. If the final day of any time period falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the time period shall be extended to the next working day.

D. Whenever a party or interested person has the right or is required to act within a prescribed period after the service of notice or other paper upon him by mail or by electronic or postal delivery, three days shall be added to the prescribed time.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15:25 and 62.1-44.15:28 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 4VAC50-60-600 derived from Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 3, eff. January 29, 2005; amended and renumbered, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 2, eff. October 23, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.