Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 920. General Permit for the Use of Irrigation Withdrawals from the Surficial Aquifer Greater Than 300,000 Gallons in any One Month

9VAC25-920-70. Reasons to deny coverage.

A. The department shall deny application for coverage under this general permit to:

1. An activity outside a groundwater management area.

2. An activity in an aquifer other than the surficial aquifer of a groundwater management area.

3. An activity that causes, may reasonably be expected to cause, or may contribute to causing more than minimal water level declines in the underlying confined aquifer system or degradation in water quality, stream or wetland hydrology, or other instream beneficial uses.

B. The department may require an individual permit in accordance with 9VAC25-610-95 B rather than granting coverage under this general permit.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-256, 62.1-258.1, and 62.1-266 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 4, eff. November 9, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.