Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 5. State Air Pollution Control Board
Chapter 140. Regulation for Emissions Trading Programs

9VAC5-140-6030. Measurements, abbreviations, and acronyms.

Measurements, abbreviations, and acronyms used in this part are defined as follows:

Btu - British thermal unit.

CAA - federal Clean Air Act.

CCR - cost containment reserve.

CEMS - Continuous Emissions Monitoring System.

COATS - CO2 Allowance Tracking System.

CO2 - carbon dioxide.

DAHS - Data Acquisition and Handling System.

H2O - water.

lb - pound.

LME - low mass emissions.

MMBtu - million British thermal units.

MW - megawatt.

MWe - megawatt electrical.

MWh - megawatt hour.

NOX - nitrogen oxides.

O2 - oxygen.

ORIS - Office of Regulatory Information Systems.

QA/QC - quality assurance/quality control.

ppm - parts per million.

SO2 - sulfur dioxide.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1308 and 10.1-1322.3 of the Code of Virginia; §§ 108, 109, 110, and 302 of the Clean Air Act; 40 CFR Part 51.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 20, eff. June 26, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.