Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 10. Virginia Racing Commission
Chapter 50. Racing Officials

11VAC10-50-190. Clerk of the course.

The licensee shall appoint a qualified person to act as clerk of the course for the race meeting. The clerk of the course shall assist the racing secretary in performing his duties. Among the duties of the clerk of the course are:

1. Safekeeping of registration or eligibility certificates and making any notation upon them required by recognized breed registries;

2. Returning registration or eligibility certificates to the owners of the horses or their representative upon request;

3. Publishing conditions and entry forms for stakes and futurities to be run at the race meeting;

4. Receiving nominations for stakes races and futurities, and depositing any fees associated with these races in an escrow account as provided for in 11VAC10-20-10 et seq.; and

5. Maintaining accurate records of race results from each racing day.

Statutory Authority

§ 59.1-369 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR662-03-01 § 2.18, eff. December 19, 1990.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.