Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 30. Department of Medical Assistance Services
Chapter 110. Eligibility and Appeals

12VAC30-110-100. Maintaining services.

A. If the agency sends the 10-day notice described in 12VAC30-110-80 and the appellant files his Request for Appeal before the date of action, his services shall not be terminated or reduced until the hearing officer issues a final decision unless it is determined at the hearing that the sole issue is one of federal or state law or policy and the appellant is promptly informed in writing that services are to be terminated or reduced pending the final decision.

B. If the agency's action is sustained on appeal, the agency may institute any available recovery procedures against the appellant to recoup the cost of any services furnished to the appellant, to the extent they were furnished solely by reason of subsection A of this section.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 1396 et seq.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR460-04-8.7 § 1.10, eff. October 1, 1993; amended, Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 16, eff. May 6, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.