Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 31. Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations

12VAC5-31-1427. Course approval request submission.

A. An EMT instructor, ALS coordinator, or EMS education coordinator shall submit a course approval request in a format approved by the Board of Health prior to the beginning date of a certification or continuing education course.

1. Any approved course requesting funding through the EMS training fund requires that the course approval request and funding contract must be post marked or received, and date and time stamped, by the Office of EMS no less than 45 days prior to the begin date for the course.

2. Courses shall not start prior to receiving course number and topic or topics from the Office of EMS.

B. The EMT instructor, ALS coordinator, or EMS education coordinator shall use only those topic numbers assigned for the course as approved by the Office of EMS.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-111.4 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. October 10, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.