Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 31. Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations

12VAC5-31-2850. Emergency awards.

A. The commissioner empowers the Office of EMS the ability to implement Emergency Grant Awards. The Office of EMS will advise the EMS Advisory Board and FARC of emergency grants awarded and the purpose(s) of disbursement of these funds.

B. Applications shall be made to the Office of EMS on an approved application form at any time.

C. The Emergency Grant Award will be made or rejected by the Office of EMS within 10 business days after receiving an application on an approved form.

D. Award of funds shall be based upon the demonstrated needs arising from a natural or man-made disaster as defined in § 44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.

E. Award of funds shall be based upon incidents or circumstances involving the loss or potential loss of critical equipment or services.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12, 32.1-111.4, and 32.1-111.11 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.