Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 381. Regulations for the Licensure of Home Care Organizations

12VAC5-381-260. Infection control.

A. The organization shall implement a program to reduce the risk of infection.

B. Infection control activities shall include, but are not limited to:

1. Staff education regarding infection risk-reduction behaviors;

2. Use of universal precautions;

3. Handling, storing, processing and transporting of regulated medical waste according to applicable procedures;

4. Handling, storing, processing and transporting supplies and equipment in a manner that prevents the spread of infections; and

5. Monitoring staff performance in infection control practices.

C. Accumulated waste, including all contaminated sharps, dressings, or similar infectious waste, shall be disposed of in a manner compliant with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standard (29 CFR 1910.1030).

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-162.12 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 22, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2006.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.