Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 381. Regulations for the Licensure of Home Care Organizations

12VAC5-381-270. Drop sites.

A. The organization may operate one or more drop sites for the convenience of staff providing direct client care or service. However, such sites shall not:

1. Have staff assigned;

2. Accept referrals; or

3. Be advertised as part of the organization.

B. Any client records located at the site shall be safeguarded against loss or unauthorized use. Only authorized personnel shall have access to client records as specified by state and federal law. It shall be the responsibility of the organization to assure that records maintained at the site are readily available for inspection staff.

C. Operation of a drop site as a business office shall constitute a separate organization and shall require licensure.

D. Drop sites shall be subject to inspection at any time.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-162.12 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 22, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2006.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.