Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 630. Private Well Regulations

12VAC5-630-210. Appeals.

Any appeal from a denial of a construction permit for a private well must be made in writing and received by the department within 60 days of the date of the denial.

A. Any request for hearing on the denial of an application for a variance pursuant to 12VAC5-630-170 D 1 must be made in writing and received within 60 days of receipt of the denial notice.

B. Any request for a variance must be made in writing and received by the department prior to the denial of the private well permit, or within 60 days after such denial.

C. In the event a person applies for a variance within the 60-day period provided by subsection B above, the date for appealing the denial of the permit, pursuant to subsection A above, shall commence from the date on which the department acts on the request for a variance.

D. Pursuant to the Administrative Process Act (§ 9-6.14:1 et seq. of the Code of Virginia) an aggrieved owner may appeal a final decision of the commissioner to an appropriate circuit court.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-176 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-34-100 § 2.11, eff. April 1, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.