Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 650. Schedule of Civil Penalties

12VAC5-650-10. Definitions.

The following words and terms used in this chapter have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Board" means the State Board of Health.

"Department" means the Virginia Department of Health.

"Modify" means to alter a treatment works, excluding actions taken to "operate" the treatment works and "maintenance" activities as those terms are defined in § 32.1-163 of the Code of Virginia.

"Transportation of sewage or septage" means actions associated with removing septage, sludge, or sewage from an onsite sewage system, a sewerage system, or other treatment works, including, but not limited to, using a pump or other device or gravity flow to collect septage, sludge, or sewage in a tank or other vessel intended to contain the septage, sludge, or sewage during transport to another location.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-164 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. September 13, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.